Everyone in California needs a safe and affordable place to call home. Rents and mortgages within the reach of working families are critical to maintaining California’s business competitiveness. Let’s get California building again.
Tax ID# 68-0271073
The California Homes and Jobs Act (SB 391) remains on course for a 2014 victory and is currently in the Assembly Appropriations Committee. Read press release.
- In the Field . . . We recently expanded our reach by adding two more Regional Campaign Leaders: Kristine Williams (Visionary Home Builders) covering the Northern San Joaquin Valley and Patrick Isherwood (Self-Help Enterprises) covering the Southern San Joaquin Valley.
- In the Media . . . Steve Peck (U.S.VETS) and Bob Pratt (Volunteers of America) urge legislators to vote yes for homes and jobs in this great Veterans Day OpEd, Veterans need help with housing; legislation would help. Linda Mandolini (Eden Housing) discusses the California Homes and Jobs Act with KQED News. Check out the video.
Learn more in our November 7th Campaign Update.
The California Homes and Jobs Act of 2013 (SB 391) will:
- Create 29,000 jobs annually, primarily in the beleaguered construction sector.
- Help businesses attract and retain the talent that fuels California’s economy.
- Generate an estimated $500 million in state investment and leverage an additional $2.78 billion in federal, local, and private investment.
- Deploy these dollars throughout California using a successful private/public partnership model, creating jobs and generating revenue for local governments.
- Build safe and affordable apartments and single-family homes for Californians in need, including families, seniors, veterans, people with disabilities, and people experiencing homelessness.
For more info: